After a long gap of 45 years, finally this Monday, Delhi cabinet approved the proposal of increasing the registration fee of property in the city. It is expected that through this revision, the revenue collection will be increased from Rs 1.5 cr. per year to Rs 100 cr.
This revised fee is as follows-
- 1% of the stated value or the circle rate whichever is higher up to a fee of Rs 50,000 will be charged for registering sale deed, conveyance deed, gift deed etc in case of immovable property.
- Rs. 1000 will be charged if the value of property is not mentioned.
- In case of immovable property, Rs 1,000 is the fee for registration of lease.
- Registration of wills will be done at Rs. 500.
- Rs. 1000 per document will be the cost of miscellaneous registration of documents.
- Rs. 10 per page will be the cost of copies of registered documents.
- Rs. 50 will be charged for filling the translation.